MANAGER OF TRAINING AND CLIENT SERVICES
Enterprising trainer and consultant enabling professionals to achieve their leadership and professional development goals. Experience with identifying competency gaps, administering assessment tools, and coaching individuals to reach their performance potential.
Ability to partner quickly with human resources, managers, and business units to design, implement, and evaluate high impact talent management and learning programs.
Exceptional presentation, communication, and writing skills. Interact with diverse employees and managers across a range of industries, including: academic, consulting, consumer goods, insurance, financial, healthcare, manufacturing, non-profit, and technology organizations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
*Leadership Development *Instructional Design *Business Development
*Talent Assessments (DISC) *Online Learning *Coaching and Consulting
*Managing Across Cultures *Project Management *Facilitation Skills
Employers Association of the NorthEast (EANE), Lincoln, RI 2016 – Present
Trainer and Consultant
– Facilitate leadership development courses for new managers, enhancing their ability to lead,
create effective teams, and communicate more strategically.
– Administer and present variety of leadership assessment tools.
MCGUIRE CONSULTING, North Kingstown, RI 2003 – Present
(formerly Transcultural Communications, www.transculturalcommunications.com)
Consultant and facilitator offering customized leadership and cross-cultural programs
– Consulted with VP, Human Resources and other stakeholders in developing participative learning and coaching programs for C-level executives enhancing performance and team collaboration.
– Completed thorough DISC needs assessment including input from CIO and interviews with managers; created and implemented customized programs.
– Achieved 50% increase in team meeting efficiency; improved managers’ adaptation to diverse communication styles and enhanced their leadership skills.
– Collaborated with Senior Manager of Learning and Development to create and facilitate global writing classes for ~ 180 employees; classroom and web-based delivery.
– Taught IT managers how to write clear, concise, and persuasive documents, enhancing their productivity when presenting and writing to clients.
Spirit Cultural Exchange
– Interfaced directly with CEO designing and evaluating customer service training workshops.
– Facilitated training modules and coached individuals through simulated role plays, video recordings, and cross-cultural interactions realizing improvement in customer relations.
– Created and led workshops focused on culture and project planning, helping the IT team deliver a successful outcome for multi-million dollar joint project with an Indian company.
UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND – JOHNSON & WALES, RI 2015 – Present
Consultant and Adjunct Professor
– Teach communication classes to undergraduates, helping students to enhance their public speaking and technical writing skills.
– Implemented a career development program with a team to develop seniors in the URI College of Business. Topics included: the career search process, networking, and interviewing skills.
– Marketed the career sessions to business leaders throughout Rhode Island, gaining their commitment to present on panels.
EXEC/COMM, New York, NY 2003 – Present
Business communication training and coaching firm
– Facilitate communication skills programs helping professionals strategize for high impact meetings, public speaking events, and written proposals; resulting in immediate participant improvement.
– Diversified client experience includes working with over 5,000 executives within a range of organizations including PwC, JPMorgan Chase, Diageo, Ernst & Young, and Google demonstrating an ability to adapt to specific client issues.
– Received 99% outstanding feedback from all facilitated programs.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, STERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, New York, NY 2007- 2014
– Taught highly interactive classes to graduate business MBAs and undergraduate students: “Team Communication,” “Communication for the Global Economy,” and “Business Writing.”
– Selected as sole professor to teach a required interpersonal communication class for first-year MBAs; received the highest possible student ratings.
– Cited by student: “Dianne helped me change the way I communicate with people in order to come off as more personable and intelligent while not compromising my presence.”
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
DBM/LEE HECHT HARRISON, New York, NY 2000 – 2003
Consulting firm delivering outplacement and job search services
Senior Account Manager
EUROPEAN COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT, London, UK 1996 – 1999
Advertising agency with specialty in media and television production
Senior Project Manager
M.A. in Intercultural Communication, UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, CA (thesis, 2009)
B.S. in Biology and Society, CORNELL UNIVERSITY, NY
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteer, Kent County, RI
President Emeritus, Society for Intercultural Education, Training & Research, NYC